Dec 12, 2014

OVER THE SPEED BUMP AND THROUGH TO SUCCESS!

Well, I've made it through Thanksgiving.  I weighed in the day after and had gained 1.4 pounds.  That was a truly a "downer" moment.  I had tried really hard that day and felt good about my food choices.  I had worked an entire month to take that darn 1.4 pounds off.  My plateau had been dragging on for months, and I was losing confidence at the scale. 



I skimmed over all my weekly success "food" journals and exercise regimes.  What was I missing?  The only thing I hadn't tried was skipping the fruit unless I counted it in my daily WW points. (Years ago, fruit was not "0" points as it is today).  I noticed I was also eating a lot more carbs than proteins and not strength training as I had been in the beginning of my weight loss journey. 

It was time for a more intense change.  I cut out my fruit that first week, did not eat wheat and strength trained 4 of the 7 days.  I stepped on the scale at the end of that week and .......POW.....I dropped 3 pounds.  I hadn't seen that kind of success since April.  I could hear the chorus of angels singing!  I DID IT!!

Then last week, I added my fruits back in but counted the carbs and points.  I ate wheat but in very small portions, ate mostly potatoes and rice, and kept my grams of carbs below 100 each day.  I did some form of weight training each day along with my 5 miles of cardio.  SHA....BANG!  I dropped another 2.2 pounds.



I am now down 54.4 pounds and feeling empowered and confident once again.  Weight Watchers gave me a well-defined goal, clear objectives, a solid foundation and what action I needed to take to reach my weight loss goal.  It is my choice whether to succeed or quit.  I choose "succeed" no matter the difficulty! 

Here's to a life of fitness, health and happiness with the ones I love! 
 
 
 

1 comment: